Technical Program – Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are requested for papers to be presented as part of the Technical, Business Practice, and Younger Member Programs of the 2019 SEAOC Convention. The 88th Annual SEAOC Convention will be held at the Resort at Squaw Creek near Lake Tahoe, California, August 28 through August 30, 2019.
The Structural Engineers Association of California (SEAOC) is respected as an authoritative world leader in the practice of structural and earthquake engineering, as a nationally influential participant in structural code and standard development, and as a valuable resource to practicing Structural Engineers in California. To this end, the 2019 SEAOC Convention Technical Committee’s goals are as follows:
- Create a program that supports the advancement of the structural engineering profession, including how we are creating leaders, new and innovative information with practical and technical applications, global and social impacts, bringing together project teams, and supporting SEAOC’s vision for the future of structural engineering.
- Provide a balanced program to include a variety of different topics and new delivery formats that engage the audience and are more interactive. Encourage as many different speakers and topics as possible.
- Celebrate structural engineering excellence in all areas of practice and discuss how the profession can accomplish it.
- Provide an adequate time frame and formats for speakers to share information and allow for audience participation including questions and answers.
- Create value-added programs for attendees.
- Seek to provide presentations that are lively, motivating, and interactive.